|SQL Database Administrator|
RiverRock Systems is seeking a self-motivated, highly energetic SQL Database Administrator who will be responsible for designing, managing, administering, documenting, and providing technical support for all database systems.
- Provide a strategic database direction to the team
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of database server software and related products
- Evaluate database features and database related products
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures
- Support database design and implementation and production rollouts
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Backup and restoring the database
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
- Work as part of a team and provide 7x24 support when required
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
- Patch Management and Version Control
- 5-7+ years of experience in administration, tuning, and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems is preferred
- Solid schema development and profiling experience
- Experience with SQL Stored procedure development and tuning and ETL concepts
- Experience with System Monitor, Activity Monitor, Replication, Clusters and/or Always On Schemes
- Ability to perform both database and operating system performance tuning and monitoring
- Knowledge of physical database design and its impacts to performance
- Knowledge of database backup and recovery scenarios
- Knowledge of database security management
- Knowledge of how the database acquires and manages resources
- Knowledge of data integrity
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle
- Solid communication skills with management and development teams.
- Have the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Telecom experience a plus
RiverRock Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dallas, TX, US. Relocation expenses not included.